Stockholm, Sweden – Dec. 2, 2018 – Olympic silver individual and gold team medallist duo, Isabell Werth and Weihegold OLD, have topped the FEI Dressage World Rankings once again with 2742 points, following their win in the Grand Prix and the Grand Prix Freestyle at the Sweden International Horse Show (“Saab Top Ten Dressage 2018”) in Stockholm, Sweden, this weekend. The famous combination, who were number one for almost two years, from November 2016, only sat in second place for a couple of months behind Laura Graves and Verdades. The American duo now drops back to second place again with 2714 points.
Dressage Queen Isabell Werth can be found three times in the top four of the ranking list, as she holds the third place with Bella Rose 2 (2690 points) and the fourth place with Emilio 107 (2658 points).
A number of other combinations moved up in the rankings, thanks to the Saab Top Ten Dressage 2018 and the FEI Dressage World Cup™ qualifier in Madrid (ESP) on 23-25 November 2018. Patrik Kittel with Delaunay Old (SWE) moved from the 97th to the 11th place (2280 points), whilst Daniel Bachmann Andersen and Blue Hors Zepter (DEN) jumped from the 175th to the 33rd place (2030 points). Claudio Castilla Ruiz and Alcaide (ESP) also made an enormous leap from the 118th to the 43rd place (1923 points).
With the FEI Dressage World Cup™ season continuing over the next few months there will certainly be more impressive changes in the ranking list.
FEI Dressage World Ranking
1. Isabell Werth / GER / Weihegold OLD / 2742
2. Laura Graves / USA / Verdades / 2714
3. Isabell Werth / GER / Bella Rose 2 / 2690
4. Isabell Werth / GER / Emilio 107 / 2658
5. Cathrine Dufour / DEN / Atterupgaards Cassidy / 2531
6. Dorothee Schneider / GER / Sammy Davis Jr. / 2421
7. Helen Langehanenberg/ GER / Damsey FRH / 2421
8. Charlotte Dujardin / GBR / Mount St John Freestyle / 2416
9. Edward Gal / NED / Glock’s Zonik N.O.P / 2356
10. Daniel Bachman Andersen / DEN / Blue Hors Zack / 2304