Lexington, Ky. – Oct. 10, 2018 – US Equestrian has announced the dates for the ninth annual Robert Dover Horsemastership Clinic Week (RDHMW) from January 3-6, 2019, in Wellington, Fla. Designed to identify and develop the next generation of U.S. equestrian team talent, participants will receive instruction from experts in a variety of aspects of horsemanship.
Training sessions will feature intense, mounted sessions led by internationally acclaimed American athletes and trainers and daily instruction on all facets of horsemanship from experts in their respective fields. Participants will hear lectures from veterinarians, saddle and tack specialists, farriers, dressage professionals, media staff, life coaches, and accredited judges. The week will conclude on January 6, with clinic participants riding their tests in front of judges and gaining feedback from coaches. Twenty-four athletes will be invited to participate in RDHMW, including:
- The highest-placed U.S. individual medalists from the 2018 Adequan®/FEI North American Youth Championships (NAYC) presented by Gotham North in both the Young Rider and Junior divisions
- The highest-placed U.S. freestyle medalists from the NAYC in both the Young Rider and Junior divisions
- Champion and Reserve Champion of the 2018 USEF Young Adult ‘Brentina Cup’ Dressage National Championship presented by Dressage Today
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2018 USEF Young Rider Dressage National Championship
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2018 USEF Junior Dressage National Championship
- Champion from the 2018 USEF Pony Rider Dressage National Championship
- Champion from the 2018 USEF Children Dressage National Championship
- Champion and Reserve Champion from the 2018 Medal Finals (14-18 division)
- Champion and Reserve Champions from the 2018 Medal Finals (13 and under division)
- Up to four Wild Cards
Athletes interested in a wildcard application should contact Kristen Brett, US Equestrian Director of Dressage Programs, at email@example.com. The deadline for application submission is November 14, 2018.